Thursday, 25 March 2010

Mood Board






















I laid the basis of my Mood board onto different pieces of newspapers; I did this as a result of the image I Chose to take. I want to place the model I use on newspapers to create a theme of dominance. The newspapers create a serious effect, this illustrates that the Music magazine explores the cultural aspects of music as well as just the genre; this highlights importance and allows the magazine to explore a wide target audience, rather than a niche audience. As well as creating dominance and seriousness, the black and white adds a “sex appeal” image to the publication and illustrates mystery, another feature I want the magazine to explore.

I also used pearls on the mood board, the pearls create sensual emotions to the reader, they provide grace, expense and elegance to the image of the magazine, however in contrast to my initial idea only attract a niche market of a female sex audience. I also used pearls to create the effect of heartache and heartbreak “a pure tear drop in every pearl” Pearls are usually associated with emotion and tears; as well as high class and elegance. I chose pearls in contrast to the theme of female dominance. The pearls will be explored in an interview with the Musical artist, and how she became strong and independent from heartache.

I used different flowers in the mood board to illustrate a wild side to the artist, as well as to show purity and a free sense of spirit. The free spirit emphasises the main theme of the magazine; female dominance which emphasises the difference within woman roles in the music industry, my main influence was artists including Lady Gaga and Rihanna. Secondly the flowers are used to portray nature and a natural beauty, I hope to take images outside with trees or flowers to show freedom, and relate to the 60s “hippy” era.

Playing cards have been used within the mood board to establish a fun and lively well being, the cards have been influenced by Lady Gaga; Poker face. I used playing cards to illustrate the theme of a game, portraying that the artist used within the images is like playing a game, a slight tease. She has attitude and a cheeky sense of humour. The attitude will establish a sex appeal for a male audience, however the plan I want to achieve will attract a female audience due to the imagery, where as the text should make the target audience neutral. I hope that the Magazine establishes dominance and that the images stand out for Independence and unique features. The playing cards are a unique factor, I hope that this will attract a niche audience and be a role model for a female audience. Another factor is within a game you win or gain nothing this illustrates a love/ hate relationship for the model.

Lastly I sprinkled beads on top of the mood board to create a stylish concept to the magazine, introducing fashion and elegance. The beads add to the same effect as the pearls introducing grace and re in acting a woman’s role from the 1950s however the playing cards and use of black to create mystery acts as a juxtaposition; this shows the difference from women's roles then to now,and how much things have changed and the generations which have passed. I also used Money to show expense, I want the money to create the effect of fame and celebrity, hopefully this highlights Independence due to the money being her own, and working her way up from nothing to everything. CDS have also been placed on the mood board to emphasise on musical influences.

No comments:

Post a Comment