Thursday, 22 October 2009

Planning, Colour & Title

I used the colour wheel to analyse primary and secondary colours, this helped me overall chose my search and to mix together colours in Photoshop, I chose to use different shades of blue as they interacted with each other, the Blue and Blue Green colour were my overall favourite as I feel they worked together extremely well. I wouldn’t change the colour of the Fonts.


I analysed and compared a series of colours in which I could use as font text for the magazine, Overall I chose to use differential ranges of blue for the font, I did this to make the magazine target both sex socio groups, I am pleased with the effect the colours have together, and they are easy on the eye, therefore are pleasing for the target audience. I didn’t use dark colours as I felt this would take the attention away from the main image, which is the overall focus of the magazine as it draws the attention to the target audience. I also didn’t use light colours, for example yellow, as I felt it would be hard to look at and it wouldn’t be complicated to look at for the eye. I am pleased with the colours I chose, and feel they interact together very well and give off the correct mood.


Red; Strengh of power
Yellow; Bright and springtime
Blue; shows patience, secruity and professionalism
Orange; warmth and energy
Purple; Royalty and Importance
Green; nature, health and fresh
Black; serious and dramatic
White; shows pure and fresh



No comments:

Post a Comment